15 Pros and Cons of Single Payer Health Care

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
barrysoetoro
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Re: 15 Pros and Cons of Single Payer Health Care

Post by barrysoetoro » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:00 am

nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:14 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:52 pm
thelionofthenorth wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:49 pm
DallasDimeBags wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:39 am
Do ANY of the namecallers/cartoonists/tweet copiers etc. on this forum have the ability to actually address the pros and cons in this article?

Full article at https://vittana.org/15-pros-and-cons-of ... ealth-care

Pros
1. 1. Everyone gets covered.
2. 2. Providers are paid at the same rate.
3. It creates spending leverage.
4. Private care can still be made available.
5. The United States already has a single payer system in place.
6. Costs are reduced in a single payer system.
7. Different compensation structures can be implemented.
8. Health insurance costs go away.

Cons
1. Medical providers may opt for private-pay only unless legally mandated otherwise.
2. It does not solve the doctor shortage problem.
3. The money for a single payer system needs to come from somewhere.
4. There can be long wait times to receive specialized services.
5. It increases the size of government.
6. There may be a reduced effort to innovate.
7. Health insurance costs may not disappear.

The pros and cons of single payer health care show that there is potential with this idea, but there are difficult scenarios which must be effectively managed at the same time. A single payer system can be good or it can be bad. It all depends on each individual perspective.
That seems fairly complete and accurate.

I'd like to know what the vectors are, though: for example, what do they mean "long wait times for specialized services"? And what are those wait times under our current system?
It's the same as how our veterans die waiting for treatment through that good'ole single payer gov't ran healthcare.

And how Canadians end up coming to our country so they don't die waiting.
Debunked long ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fac ... bf17839867

Curious that donnie doesn't mention the number of Americans traveling to other countries for health care. 1.5 million last year and expected to grow by 25 percent over the next decade. Less than 55k from Canada travel outside the country for medical care.
That's one news article!!!! You got nothing, as usual. I posted one of them saying that Canucks ARE coming here to use ours!

Hell, I just ask them! They buy ours because it's BETTER. It's PRIVATE, and not gov't regulated/rationed.

But that's common sense, something you don't have.
0 x
☪ "The Battle Cry of The Moronic..........America---Love it or Leave it", brokebackboy, America hating POS

brookboy123
Majesty

Post by brookboy123 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:42 am

DallasDimeBags wrote:
Do ANY of the namecallers/cartoonists/tweet copiers etc. on this forum have the ability to actually address the pros and cons in this article?

Pros

Cons
1. Medical providers may opt for private-pay only unless legally mandated otherwise.

The pros and cons of single payer health care show that there is potential with this idea, but there are difficult scenarios which must be effectively managed at the same time. A single payer system can be good or it can be bad. It all depends on each individual perspective.
a good list of the pros and cons of single-payer.

As I have indicated, I am willing to pay more in taxes to help cover ALL Americans under a health care system.....I always wanted it to operate within the private sector.

As we now see, the GOP is hell bent, as always, on taking health care away from millions, including the protection for those with pre-existing conditions.

I do have concerns about medical innovation.......the arrival of new drugs, procedures, equipment is now based on the amount of money one can make when they come up with a new drug, procedure, equipment.......and that's OK by me as, after all, we are not communists.
We certainly don't want to stifle innovation.
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:00 am

barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:00 am
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:14 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:52 pm
thelionofthenorth wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:49 pm
DallasDimeBags wrote:

Pros

Cons

That seems fairly complete and accurate.

I'd like to know what the vectors are, though: for example, what do they mean "long wait times for specialized services"? And what are those wait times under our current system?
It's the same as how our veterans die waiting for treatment through that good'ole single payer gov't ran healthcare.

And how Canadians end up coming to our country so they don't die waiting.
Debunked long ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fac ... bf17839867

Curious that donnie doesn't mention the number of Americans traveling to other countries for health care. 1.5 million last year and expected to grow by 25 percent over the next decade. Less than 55k from Canada travel outside the country for medical care.
That's one news article!!!! You got nothing, as usual. I posted one of them saying that Canucks ARE coming here to use ours!

Hell, I just ask them! They buy ours because it's BETTER. It's PRIVATE, and not gov't regulated/rationed.

But that's common sense, something you don't have.
1.5 million people leave this country for medical treatment every year and you try to debunk by saying it's only ONE article? How many more would you like to see? How many web pages advertising inexpensive treatment in Mexico, India, or China? Only 55k plus Canadians leave that country for NON-emergency procedures. 86.2 percent of Canadians like their healthcare and want the public system strengthened, not privatized.
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx