TGIF 🍺

Sessions doesn't know Hawaii is a state?

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
lust4beer
Heir Presumptive

Sessions doesn't know Hawaii is a state?

Post by lust4beer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:14 pm

:lo2l:

AG Sessions says he's 'amazed' a judge 'on an island in the Pacific' can block Trump's immigration order

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said this week he was amazed that a judge in Hawaii could block President Donald Trump's executive order halting immigration from several majority Muslim countries.
Sessions made the comments in an interview with "The Mark Levin Show" Tuesday evening that was put online Wednesday.
"We've got cases moving in the very, very liberal Ninth Circuit, who, they've been hostile to the order," Sessions said. "We won a case in Virginia recently that was a nicely-written order that just demolished, I thought, all the arguments that some of the other people have been making. We are confident that the President will prevail on appeal and particularly in the Supreme Court, if not the Ninth Circuit. So this is a huge matter. I really am amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific can issue an order that stops the President of the United States from

In tweets on Thursday, both Senators from Hawaii responded to Sessions' comments.

Senator Mazie Hirono‏ @maziehirono

Hey Jeff Sessions, this #IslandinthePacific has been the 50th state for going on 58 years. And we won’t succumb to your dog whistle politics

Senator Mazie Hirono‏ @maziehirono

Hawaii was built on the strength of diversity & immigrant experiences- including my own. Jeff Sessions’ comments are ignorant & dangerous

Brian Schatz‏ @brianschatz

Mr. Attorney General: You voted for that judge. And that island is called Oahu. It's my home. Have some respect.

AG Sessions says he's 'amazed' a judge 'on an island in the Pacific' can block Trump's immigration order - CNN
https://apple.news/AuiDOyqlXSfWmyyW3ulqf6A