TRUMP IS REVIVING THE COAL INDUSTRY OBAMA TRIED TO KILL

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
nolaxride
Global Moderator

Re: TRUMP IS REVIVING THE COAL INDUSTRY OBAMA TRIED TO KILL

Post by nolaxride » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:31 pm

antilib wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:04 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:41 pm
antilib wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:26 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:52 pm
antilib wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:16 am
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:24 am
antilib wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:11 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:54 pm
antilib wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:27 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 pm

As was illustrated earlier... there is a difference between 'mining' and 'coal mining'.

The mining (except oil and gas) subsector consists of these industry groups:
  • Coal Mining: NAICS 2121
  • Metal Ore Mining: NAICS 2122
  • Nonmetallic Mineral Mining and Quarrying: NAICS 2123
the growth wasn't in coal mining... had it been in coal mining, townhall would have broken that out. It wasn't. They didn't.

https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/naics4_212200.htm

https://www.eia.gov/coal/annual/

If this is how life sucks, watching you get schooled for not doing your homework, is great.
>the growth wasn't in coal mining... had it been in coal mining, townhall would have broken that out. It wasn't. They didn't<

what? the words in the townhall article read: Liberals have been saying that Donald Trump was lying to the American people when he said that he could bring coal jobs back. Well, so far, he has delivered on his promise.

:rofl:
I see. So you reviewed the numbers for coal, metal ore, and non-metallic mineral mining and concluded that coal had an 11k increase and the others had none.

And I'm sure you checked the EIA website to confirm that coal production was up... more people mining = more output, right? Except that the website says coal production is down 6.7 percent in the US. So, are you saying that coal hired 11k more employees to produce less coal?

https://www.eia.gov/coal/production/wee ... uction.php

Or is it possible that there are many more people involved in, let's say, gold mining? Or rock mining? Or mineral mining? Or salt mining? Or iron and copper mining?

And perhaps that is where the increase occurred, and the writer didn't have balls to tell ALL of the story?
once again you chose to go after the source, your usual style when you can't win an argument or debate, btw, you're the one who don't have balls, (to admit you're a liberal) ain't that right, sonny, lol?
Are you uncomfortable when you see your beloved moonies proved wrong? I present the facts. The source twisted the facts. Misrepresented where the jobs had been created. They lied. They intentionally lied. How you dont' see that as decimating their argument is beyond me. OR, maybe they should do their homework and PROVE COAL MINING jobs are back. Using the entirety of 'mining' is bogus and you know it. Coal mining employment is not EVER going to return to where it was. NEVER.

Now, tell me... how many liberals do you know who are fiscal conservatives? Or, even better. When have you ever asked me about my political beliefs? Why don't you start a thread on that... and we'll let the board be the judge.
>When have you ever asked me about my political beliefs? <

i did that a short time after aibafs was first created, you asserted you were a "moderate" even though you consistently attack conservative thought and support liberal crap, now if you want to start a little "let's have the other members vote on what nolax's political beliefs are," there's no doubt in my mind that it will be pointed out you're a liberal, now, since you're so adamant about it, why don't you start the thread on yourself to keep any other poster from violating the callout thread rule, okey-dokey?
That's right. I'm a moderate. I hardly think pointing out logical fallacies or errors of facts constitute an attack. If that's the case, everything I learned in my debate classes was in error. It appears that you think in black and white. And the world is full of gray. Full of nuance.

Not that you've noticed.
you have no right to say anyone has no balls, first you challenge me to start a thread about you which is a rule violation, then when i point out you start it about yourself you chicken out, also, you're not a moderate, you're a liberal, quit denying it, no ones buying, lol!!
I should start a thread not knowing which topics you'd like to discuss? And I'm pretty sure that if we asked Pete he wouldn't object. And by your response, it's clear you don't understand the beliefs of a moderate...
The ball is in your court... you're the who's convinced I'm not a moderate, yet you won't define a moderate. For that matter, you won't define a liberal or conservative, either Do you know what you are?
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

antilib
Global Moderator

Post by antilib » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:11 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:31 pm
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
antilib wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:27 pm

>the growth wasn't in coal mining... had it been in coal mining, townhall would have broken that out. It wasn't. They didn't<

what? the words in the townhall article read: Liberals have been saying that Donald Trump was lying to the American people when he said that he could bring coal jobs back. Well, so far, he has delivered on his promise.

I see. So you reviewed the numbers for coal, metal ore, and non-metallic mineral mining and concluded that coal had an 11k increase and the others had none.

And I'm sure you checked the EIA website to confirm that coal production was up... more people mining = more output, right? Except that the website says coal production is down 6.7 percent in the US. So, are you saying that coal hired 11k more employees to produce less coal?

Or is it possible that there are many more people involved in, let's say, gold mining? Or rock mining? Or mineral mining? Or salt mining? Or iron and copper mining?

And perhaps that is where the increase occurred, and the writer didn't have balls to tell ALL of the story?
once again you chose to go after the source, your usual style when you can't win an argument or debate, btw, you're the one who don't have balls, (to admit you're a liberal) ain't that right, sonny, lol?
Are you uncomfortable when you see your beloved moonies proved wrong? I present the facts. The source twisted the facts. Misrepresented where the jobs had been created. They lied. They intentionally lied. How you dont' see that as decimating their argument is beyond me. OR, maybe they should do their homework and PROVE COAL MINING jobs are back. Using the entirety of 'mining' is bogus and you know it. Coal mining employment is not EVER going to return to where it was. NEVER.

Now, tell me... how many liberals do you know who are fiscal conservatives? Or, even better. When have you ever asked me about my political beliefs? Why don't you start a thread on that... and we'll let the board be the judge.

i did that a short time after aibafs was first created, you asserted you were a "moderate" even though you consistently attack conservative thought and support liberal crap, now if you want to start a little "let's have the other members vote on what nolax's political beliefs are," there's no doubt in my mind that it will be pointed out you're a liberal, now, since you're so adamant about it, why don't you start the thread on yourself to keep any other poster from violating the callout thread rule, okey-dokey?
That's right. I'm a moderate. I hardly think pointing out logical fallacies or errors of facts constitute an attack. If that's the case, everything I learned in my debate classes was in error. It appears that you think in black and white. And the world is full of gray. Full of nuance.

Not that you've noticed.
you have no right to say anyone has no balls, first you challenge me to start a thread about you which is a rule violation, then when i point out you start it about yourself you chicken out, also, you're not a moderate, you're a liberal, quit denying it, no ones buying, lol!!
I should start a thread not knowing which topics you'd like to discuss? And I'm pretty sure that if we asked Pete he wouldn't object. And by your response, it's clear you don't understand the beliefs of a moderate...
The ball is in your court... you're the who's convinced I'm not a moderate, yet you won't define a moderate. For that matter, you won't define a liberal or conservative, either Do you know what you are?
you're the one who's integrity is in question, if you want to ask pete about starting a thread on yourself, go for it, don't go crying for me to argue with you about it, lol!!
0 x

stuporstitionist
Heir Apparent

Post by stuporstitionist » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:42 am

The coal industry can sustain about 58,000 American jobs (fewer employees than Arby's has). Since Trump took office, 61,000 retail jobs have been lost.

More workers have been laid off from general merchandising just in past 3 months than the entire coal industry.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/15/b ... ustry.html

The $@$#%-Grabber-in-Chief has not mentioned those job losses once.
0 x
Today's GOP is the ‘Party of Lincoln’ the same way the Honda Odyssey is the ‘Car of Homer.'

stuporstitionist
Heir Apparent

Post by stuporstitionist » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:55 am

Even coal companies are going solar:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... roup+solar
0 x
Today's GOP is the ‘Party of Lincoln’ the same way the Honda Odyssey is the ‘Car of Homer.'

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:48 pm

antilib wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:11 pm
nolaxride wrote:
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:

Not that you've noticed.
you're the one who's integrity is in question, if you want to ask pete about starting a thread on yourself, go for it, don't go crying for me to argue with you about it, lol!!
OK. I'll start the thread after you define conservative, liberal, and moderate.
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

antilib
Global Moderator

Post by antilib » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:52 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:48 pm
antilib wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:11 pm
nolaxride wrote:
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
antilib wrote:

Not that you've noticed.
OK. I'll start the thread after you define conservative, liberal, and moderate.
my definition isn't the only one that counts, it's also the other board members, stop making excuses you big baby, start the thread, lol!!
0 x