The CEO of a chain that underpays and mistreats workers is about to lead the Labor Department

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
psk836
Serene Highness

Re: The CEO of a chain that underpays and mistreats workers is about to lead the Labor Department

Post by psk836 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:07 pm

chucky wrote:
psk836 wrote:The real minimum wage is always $0.

It doesn't really matter whether the wage is enough to accomplish everything you need to accomplish. The wage is supposed to represent what the market will bear for the job at hand. If the wage is too low employers will not be able to get qualified people to perform the job. If an applicant accepts the wage offer, then I don't understand the argument that the wage isn't "fair". If this is the case then you should not agree to it, and if your opinion about fairness changes once you are performing the job, you are free to find another one if the wage is no longer acceptable.
It isn't a fair wage because American citizens have to compete with millions of illegals for minimum wage jobs.
Artificially fluffing the wage is not correcting the problem you have identified.
0 x

evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Re: The CEO of a chain that underpays and mistreats workers is about to lead the Labor Department

Post by evilconempire » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:08 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:Hangy? ;)2
No , but I don't think hardworking people should be abused or underpaid. The national minimum wage should be $10 an hour .
I was kidding because of the source.

We need to have different minimum wages depending on stage of life and local COL. $10 would phase out teens looking to enter the labor force and possibly seniors looking to supplement their retirement. Less than 2% of workforce makes minimum wage and it's almost never for more than a year. I don't see this as being the problem some others see it as.

Why would you want something that has NEVER worked????

It didn't work, lets try it again. It didn't work, lets try it again. It didn't work, lets try it again. Vote democrat...

Want a raise?!? Quit flipping burgers!!!!
When was this tried?
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:10 pm

evilconempire wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
No , but I don't think hardworking people should be abused or underpaid. The national minimum wage should be $10 an hour .

We need to have different minimum wages depending on stage of life and local COL. $10 would phase out teens looking to enter the labor force and possibly seniors looking to supplement their retirement. Less than 2% of workforce makes minimum wage and it's almost never for more than a year. I don't see this as being the problem some others see it as.

It didn't work, lets try it again. It didn't work, lets try it again. It didn't work, lets try it again. Vote democrat...

When was this tried?

When was min wage tried???? Are you effing kidding?!?
0 x
☪ Because I respected him [McCain '08] and felt he was better qualified for the job [than my hero 0bama], evilcommie

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:17 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:

When was this tried?

Try reading what I proposed again, dumbass.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:20 pm

evilconempire wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:

When was this tried?

What you proposed is irrelevant, since I don't support minimum wage at all, no matter how its tried.
0 x
☪ Because I respected him [McCain '08] and felt he was better qualified for the job [than my hero 0bama], evilcommie

fwiw2
Courtier

Post by fwiw2 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:22 pm

Those Tea Bagger Republicans don't need a minimum wage. Just let the market determine the wage.

http://www.historyplace.com/unitedstate ... dunbar.htm

Tea Baggers want to return to the GOOD OLE DAYS.
0 x

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:26 pm

fwiw2 wrote:Those Tea Bagger Republicans don't need a minimum wage. Just let the market determine the wage.

Do you need a good slapping!?? That is the stupidest bunch of crap I've ever heard! And nobody is forcing, or ever forced children to work! You're about a dumb s***, you know that?

Taxbaggers like you WANT our jobs overseas and people out of work. That's why I think you're stupid.
0 x

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:27 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:

When was this tried?

What you proposed is irrelevant, since I don't support minimum wage at all, no matter how its tried.
What you support or don't support is irrelevant. What I proposed is relevant to the conversation if you're going to ask me about it.
0 x

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:57 pm

Real Americans like me miss the good old days. When there are jobs everywhere, companies paid pensions, they were factories all over the place, we weren't dependent on other countries to supply us with anything!

And private companies pay their employees health care without the government sticking their nose where it doesn't belong! Yeah, those were the good old days.

Fu2iq thinks only the government can take care of us.
0 x

psk836
Serene Highness

Post by psk836 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:23 pm

fwiw2 wrote:Those Tea Bagger Republicans don't need a minimum wage. Just let the market determine the wage.

And those Welfare Queens don't need one either. They have Republicans to pay their way for them.
0 x