It's time for two more parties in this country.

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
donttreadonme
Serene Highness

It's time for two more parties in this country.

Post by donttreadonme » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:03 am

I hope and pray that Bernie Sanders takes advantage of his primary success and starts a third party.

I also hope that the people on the right who will pay the price of Trump's victory, Ryan, Graham, etc. will start a forth party.

We can't, as a country, afford to have two parties having total control of this country anymore.

"Omarosa: Trump campaign will remember its 'enemies'

"If [Graham] felt his interests was with that candidate, God bless him. I would never judge anybody for exercising their right to and the freedom to choose who they want," she said, according to the Independent Journal Review. "But let me just tell you, Mr. Trump has a long memory and we're keeping a list."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/o ... ies-230972
0 x

clusterchuck
Heir Apparent

Re: It's time for two more parties in this country.

Post by clusterchuck » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:29 am

More than a frozen two party system? That's right up there with term limits, and elimination of government stupidity and stuff like that.

Funny how the "more than two" football passes from team to team when a party affiliate candidate suffers a surprising loss - like Hillary's.

Not to turn the tables on you... but your post is the perfect opportunity for your crying baby image.
1 x

donttreadonme
Serene Highness

Post by donttreadonme » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:36 am

clusterchuck wrote:More than a frozen two party system? That's right up there with term limits, and elimination of government stupidity and stuff like that.

Funny how the "more than two" football passes from team to team when a party affiliate candidate suffers a surprising loss - like Hillary's.

Not to turn the tables on you... but your post is the perfect opportunity for your crying baby image.

Why is it crying?

Do you believe that one party doing everything in their power to obstruct the other party instead of doing the country's business is a good thing?

Couldn't you see the benefit of a 30-30-20-20 split in the House and Senate?
0 x

clusterchuck
Heir Apparent

Post by clusterchuck » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:48 am

donttreadonme wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:More than a frozen two party system? That's right up there with term limits, and elimination of government stupidity and stuff like that.

Why is it crying?

Do you believe that one party doing everything in their power to obstruct the other party instead of doing the country's business is a good thing?

Tready, you really are an funny funny high density carbon unit.

HINT: the comment is about YOU consistently applying the crying baby meme to those who YOU deem to be crying about (fill_in_the_blank).

Here, let me connect the dots escaping your attention: EVERY election outcome results in some among the "losing" side commenting on the need for an expanded political party selection. YOU just joined that overloaded bandwagon. By doing so, "I" place YOU in your own crying baby bucket because your candidate lost and you willingly hopped on the bandwagon.

To answer your question, YES I believe a more than two party system would be WONDERFUL for this country. Hopefully, the Libertarian party will attract more viable candidates in the future. IMO: their manifesto is much closer to Constitution than either (D) or (R). Locally, there's a Ferret Farmer who continues to align with the (L) party. He's not doing the party in general any favors.
0 x

donttreadonme
Serene Highness

Post by donttreadonme » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:01 pm

clusterchuck wrote:
donttreadonme wrote:

Why is it crying?

Tready, you really are an funny funny high density carbon unit.

HINT: the comment is about YOU consistently applying the crying baby meme to those who YOU deem to be crying about (fill_in_the_blank).

Here, let me connect the dots escaping your attention: EVERY election outcome results in some among the "losing" side commenting on the need for an expanded political party selection. YOU just joined that overloaded bandwagon. By doing so, "I" place YOU in your own crying baby bucket because your candidate lost and you willingly hopped on the bandwagon.

To answer your question, YES I believe a more than two party system would be WONDERFUL for this country. Hopefully, the Libertarian party will attract more viable candidates in the future. IMO: their manifesto is much closer to Constitution than either (D) or (R). Locally, there's a Ferret Farmer who continues to align with the (L) party. He's not doing the party in general any favors.

Are you just foolish or arrogant enough to assume that this is the first time I've thought or said this?
0 x

fwiw2
Courtier

Post by fwiw2 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:09 pm

The strange coalitions of disparate factions in both parties points to the disconnect from political reality of a great many in middle America who were sold amorphous saviors standing behind their curtain asserting their power to make all that is wrong right if elected. On the face of it Trump's success is indicative of an electorate that is oblivious to political and economic reality as they shout and cheer support for one of the many constituencies. Will Trump expell 11 million illegal aliens? Will he increase infrastructure spending? Will he reduce taxes on individuals and corporate profits? Will he tax imports severely? Will he throw out ACA? Will he raise the minimum wage? The devil is in the details and when he must face the details and renege on many critical promises will his constituencies be forgiving? Time will tell.
0 x

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:41 pm

donttreadonme wrote:I hope and pray that Bernie Sanders takes advantage of his primary success and starts a third party.

I also hope that the people on the right who will pay the price of Trump's victory, Ryan, Graham, etc. will start a forth party.

We can't, as a country, afford to have two parties having total control of this country anymore.

"If [Graham] felt his interests was with that candidate, God bless him. I would never judge anybody for exercising their right to and the freedom to choose who they want," she said, according to the Independent Journal Review. "But let me just tell you, Mr. Trump has a long memory and we're keeping a list."

You mean Bernie Sanders who said 0bama's unemployment is 10.5%?

Why would you want that job destroying idiot? Do you want jobs destroyed?
0 x
☪ Because I respected him [McCain '08] and felt he was better qualified for the job [than my hero 0bama], evilcommie

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:43 pm

fwiw2 wrote:The strange coalitions of disparate factions in both parties points to the disconnect from political reality of a great many in middle America who were sold amorphous saviors standing behind their curtain asserting their power to make all that is wrong right if elected. On the face of it Trump's success is indicative of an electorate that is oblivious to political and economic reality as they shout and cheer support for one of the many constituencies. Will Trump expell 11 million illegal aliens? Will he increase infrastructure spending? Will he reduce taxes on individuals and corporate profits? Will he tax imports severely? Will he throw out ACA? Will he raise the minimum wage? The devil is in the details and when he must face the details and renege on many critical promises will his constituencies be forgiving? Time will tell.
I hope he expels as many illegals as he can.
I hope he doesn't expand blowing money on infrastructure.
I hope he reduces taxes across the board.
I hope he throws out the ACA
I hope he gets rid of the min wage law

That will free up the economy.
0 x
☪ Because I respected him [McCain '08] and felt he was better qualified for the job [than my hero 0bama], evilcommie

donttreadonme
Serene Highness

Post by donttreadonme » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:10 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
donttreadonme wrote:I hope and pray that Bernie Sanders takes advantage of his primary success and starts a third party.

You mean Bernie Sanders who said 0bama's unemployment is 10.5%?

Why would you want that job destroying idiot? Do you want jobs destroyed?

How soon do you think Trump will be able to find a job for a loser like you?
0 x

chucky
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by chucky » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:23 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
fwiw2 wrote:The strange coalitions of disparate factions in both parties points to the disconnect from political reality of a great many in middle America who were sold amorphous saviors standing behind their curtain asserting their power to make all that is wrong right if elected. On the face of it Trump's success is indicative of an electorate that is oblivious to political and economic reality as they shout and cheer support for one of the many constituencies. Will Trump expell 11 million illegal aliens? Will he increase infrastructure spending? Will he reduce taxes on individuals and corporate profits? Will he tax imports severely? Will he throw out ACA? Will he raise the minimum wage? The devil is in the details and when he must face the details and renege on many critical promises will his constituencies be forgiving? Time will tell.
I hope he expels as many illegals as he can.
I hope he doesn't expand blowing money on infrastructure.
I hope he reduces taxes across the board.
I hope he throws out the ACA
I hope he gets rid of the min wage law

That will free up the economy.
I hope he cancels the Paris climate accord too.
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier