Occupy Ivy League

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
psk836
Underboss

Re: Occupy Ivy League

Post by psk836 » Wed May 01, 2024 1:08 pm

Evil wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:02 pm
psk836 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:57 pm
Evil wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:37 pm
psk836 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:30 pm
Evil wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:25 pm
psk836 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:23 pm
Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:58 pm
psk836 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:15 pm
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:11 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:08 pm
Somewhere, a parent is cringing. So entitled.

The parents should request a refund. Their daughter has a great future as a barista.
► Entitled to what?
Student loan forgiveness. She’s a guaranteed Biden voter.
► Well, at least she didn't get a fat cat tax cut
What do you call $250,000 in student debt forgiveness?
A good investment in our future
See the link I added after your post....

In the meantime, I'd prefer to use my money to make good investments in my future. Feel free to do the same with your money. Whatever is left after the government confiscates the buy of it to buy votes for Democrats.
I do and this is my money. I helped elect Biden and this was always on his agenda. I'm sorry that you lost that election.
So are you suggesting a means-test for the debt cancellations? Or would you prefer to not help the vast majority of people that are not wealthy just to prevent wealthy people from getting the relief?
I am against government being in the student loan business in the first place. I always saw it as just another wealth transfer scheme away from The People and into quasi-state and Big Government supporters. As a result of all that “guaranteed” money, nearly every institution of higher education has raised tuition at many multiples of the inflation rate for decades now. Those same schools have used the money to boost their administrative staffs providing no value to the students in the process. Upon graduation students face a job marketplace flooded with millions more degree holders, increasing competition and reducing compensation. This at the same time that those students face lifetimes of college debt repayment for often worthless degrees, delaying home purchases, marriage and starting families, even and even reducing the size of families.

GSL’s were just another form of government meddling in a well functioning private sector marketplace and the result is the predictable destruction of academia itself.

My money should not be used as Democrat payola.
I'm shocked to you failed to answer my questions.

It's already done so now we have to decide where to go from here. We can't go back in time.

My money should be used to bail out Main Street like when you used my money to bail out Wall Street numerous times.
Any person 18 or older who signed the contract should be liable for the debt. Collections for said debt should be directed at the schools that took advantage of the students and excessive government largesse with other people's money. Finally, if that doesn't work, let the government that guaranteed the failed loans to pay them out of existing departmental budgets, say by instituting a straight line across the board budget cut by the appropriate percentage needed to retire the delinquent debt.
0 x

Chester Cheesewright
Underboss

Post by Chester Cheesewright » Wed May 01, 2024 1:54 pm

psk836 wrote:
Evil wrote:
psk836 wrote:
Evil wrote:
psk836 wrote:
psk836 wrote:
nolaxride wrote:

The parents should request a refund. Their daughter has a great future as a barista.
► Entitled to what?

In the meantime, I'd prefer to use my money to make good investments in my future. Feel free to do the same with your money. Whatever is left after the government confiscates the buy of it to buy votes for Democrats.
I do and this is my money. I helped elect Biden and this was always on his agenda. I'm sorry that you lost that election.
So are you suggesting a means-test for the debt cancellations? Or would you prefer to not help the vast majority of people that are not wealthy just to prevent wealthy people from getting the relief?
I am against government being in the student loan business in the first place. I always saw it as just another wealth transfer scheme away from The People and into quasi-state and Big Government supporters. As a result of all that “guaranteed” money, nearly every institution of higher education has raised tuition at many multiples of the inflation rate for decades now. Those same schools have used the money to boost their administrative staffs providing no value to the students in the process. Upon graduation students face a job marketplace flooded with millions more degree holders, increasing competition and reducing compensation. This at the same time that those students face lifetimes of college debt repayment for often worthless degrees, delaying home purchases, marriage and starting families, even and even reducing the size of families.

GSL’s were just another form of government meddling in a well functioning private sector marketplace and the result is the predictable destruction of academia itself.

► My money should not be used as Jew payola
0 x
► Watching fat cats get taxed touches the very depths of a Republican’s soul

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Wed May 01, 2024 2:22 pm

psk836 wrote:
psk836 wrote:
nolaxride wrote:

► Entitled to what?

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to- ... 024-4?op=1

Joel Lambdin finished graduate school in 1998 — but as a professional musician, he was hardly making enough money to pay off his student loans and other bills.

So Lambdin, now 49, said his only option to make ends meet was to put his student loans in forbearance — in which he was not making payments but interest was still accumulating.

"It was just so that I could subsist, so that I could survive," Lambdin told Business Insider. "With the hope that at some point, I would be making enough money that I would be able to take them out of forbearance and start paying them down."

But he grew to realize that the only way he could make a significant dent in his student loans was by switching careers. He didn't want to do that because he loved working in music, so he decided to keep his larger student loan in forbearance and begin paying off his smaller loan with a lower monthly payment."

"Beyond financial goals, Lambdin said the relief was also allowing him the freedom to pursue some of his long-term dreams, including taking a sabbatical to study with his meditation teacher in India."
I guess he wasn't very good. Art Garfunkel, Sheryl Crow, and Jim Morrison all studied music, although their degrees weren't in music. Elton John, Randy Bachman, Burton Cummings, and Gordon Lightfoot, among many others, studied at the Royal Conservatory of Music. Herb Alpert got his degree in music from USC
1 x
-- 滑板車是個文盲

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Wed May 01, 2024 2:27 pm

psk836 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:14 pm
nolaxride wrote:

I picture a manbun in her future.
Let me check Starbucks and Peete's dress codes.
0 x
-- 滑板車是個文盲

donttreadonme
Underboss

Post by donttreadonme » Wed May 01, 2024 2:36 pm

psk836 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:43 pm
They’ve been preparing their whole educational lives for this. Not that they were aware of it. Kids are so impressionable you know.

0 x
"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection"

Evil
Consigliere

Post by Evil » Wed May 01, 2024 4:20 pm

psk836 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:08 pm
Evil wrote:
psk836 wrote:
Evil wrote:
psk836 wrote:
Evil wrote:
psk836 wrote:
psk836 wrote:

► Entitled to what?

It's already done so now we have to decide where to go from here. We can't go back in time.

My money should be used to bail out Main Street like when you used my money to bail out Wall Street numerous times.
Any person 18 or older who signed the contract should be liable for the debt. Collections for said debt should be directed at the schools that took advantage of the students and excessive government largesse with other people's money. Finally, if that doesn't work, let the government that guaranteed the failed loans to pay them out of existing departmental budgets, say by instituting a straight line across the board budget cut by the appropriate percentage needed to retire the delinquent debt.
Can you point me to the post of you requiring the same for $2.5 trillion Trump have the elites back? Also, for the billions in loans that were forgiven under the PPP?
0 x
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."
- Mark Twain

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Wed May 01, 2024 4:57 pm

Evil wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:20 pm
psk836 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:08 pm
Evil wrote:
psk836 wrote:
Evil wrote:
psk836 wrote:
Evil wrote:
psk836 wrote:
psk836 wrote:

Can you point me to the post of you requiring the same for $2.5 trillion Trump have the elites back? Also, for the billions in loans that were forgiven under the PPP?
Maybe MTG can answer that question.
0 x
-- 滑板車是個文盲