Floyd “I Ate Too Many Drugs” Potential Game Changer

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
psk836
Underboss

Re: Floyd “I Ate Too Many Drugs” Potential Game Changer

Post by psk836 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:13 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:12 pm
I'm going to laugh so hard if Chauvin gets acquitted, and all the blacks start their rioting. Hopefully they'll start assaulting other BLM white members
Frankly it sounds like the prosecution is mailing it in and the defense is fighting for Chauvin’s life.
0 x

KC_
Caporegime

Post by KC_ » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:13 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
I'm going to laugh so hard if Chauvin gets acquitted, and all the blacks start their rioting. Hopefully they'll start assaulting other BLM white members
You will be very lucky to get a mistrial.
0 x
”I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.”

Stephane Charbonnier

KC_
Caporegime

Post by KC_ » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:15 pm

psk836 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:13 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Frankly it sounds like the prosecution is mailing it in and the defense is fighting for Chauvin’s life.
They are taking a conviction for granted. They feel the jury has been sufficiently intimidated.
1 x

Stephane Charbonnier

psk836
Underboss

Post by psk836 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:18 pm

“Then Nelson scored what many may perceive to be an important point, albeit I’m rather ambivalent about this one. Nelson played a short piece of video in which Floyd is prone on the street, and speaking in his muttering fashion.

What’s Floyd saying there, asked Nelson? Is he saying “I ate too many drugs”? Stiger answers he can’t tell.

No worries, Nelson is happy to play it again for Stiger. And the jury.

Stiger is still unsure if that’s what Floyd was saying, and Nelson lets it go—but the jury has heard the suggestion.

Later in the day, with a different witness, BCA Special Agent Reyerson, whose testimony I won’t spend much time on because it was so boring, Nelson would play the same video, and ask the same question. This time, the witness will agree—yes, Reyerson answers, it sounds like “I ate too many drugs” to me.

Ka. Boom.

So damaging was this Reyerson testimony for the state that they actually re-called Reyerson as a witness for the sole reason of having him listen again, and give a different answer. Oh, now, says Reyerson the second, now it sounds like “I didn’t take no drugs.”

Well, OK. As I said, I’m ambivalent about Floyd’s statement on the merits, because I sure can’t understand what he’s actually saying. Although it must be said Nelson’s version will certainly appear reasonable to a jury that’s been exposed to the toxicology report on Floyd.

But in terms of legal strategy by the defense, this was brilliant. Not only did Nelson plant that seed in the jury’s mind that Floyd had eaten too many drugs and knew it, he got to play the audio for Stiger not once, but twice.

And then again a third time, for Reyerson.

And then the state itself played it for the jury a fourth time!

Amazing.“
0 x

psk836
Underboss

Post by psk836 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:47 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:02 pm
Crossed fingers for Derick Chauvin.
I would just like a fair trial and real justice. I’ve had enough of the lefty lynch mob.
1 x

barrysoetoro
Consigliere

Post by barrysoetoro » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:59 pm

psk836 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:47 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:02 pm
Crossed fingers for Derick Chauvin.
I would just like a fair trial and real justice. I’ve had enough of the lefty lynch mob.
I want them to riot. To me it's funny. Let liberals destroy each other.

Pathetic how social justice warriors like evil defend druggie George Floyd.
0 x

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Post by thelionofthenorth » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:59 pm

psk836 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:58 pm
https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/04/c ... e-changer/

“Here’s a leading indicator that state-paid use-of-force expert witness Stiger was ultimately more favorable to the defense than he was to the prosecutors who’d paid him $13,000 to provide his expertise to help convict Chauvin: Whereas the State spent about 75 minutes questioning their own expert, Defense Counsel Nelson spent more than 90 minutes doing so.

That’s right, so fond was the defense of the State’s expert, so strongly did the defense believe that the testimony of the State’s expert favored Chauvin, that they spent 20% more time engaged with that expert in front of the jury than did the prosecutors.“
About that:

1) the witness changed his testimony

2) the witness admitted he had not heard the clip to which he was testifying, before that moment in court

3) the defense was caught cherry picking a fragment of the clip, the FULL clip causing the change in testimony (the witness had not heard either the fragment or the complete audio before his testimony)

4) the defense was caught leading the witness.
0 x
stultitia non pertinet misericordiae

barrysoetoro
Consigliere

Post by barrysoetoro » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:08 pm

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:59 pm
psk836 wrote:

“Here’s a leading indicator that state-paid use-of-force expert witness Stiger was ultimately more favorable to the defense than he was to the prosecutors who’d paid him $13,000 to provide his expertise to help convict Chauvin: Whereas the State spent about 75 minutes questioning their own expert, Defense Counsel Nelson spent more than 90 minutes doing so.

That’s right, so fond was the defense of the State’s expert, so strongly did the defense believe that the testimony of the State’s expert favored Chauvin, that they spent 20% more time engaged with that expert in front of the jury than did the prosecutors.“
About that:

2) the witness admitted he had not heard the clip to which he was testifying, before that moment in court

3) the defense was caught cherry picking a fragment of the clip, the FULL clip causing the change in testimony (the witness had not heard either the fragment or the complete audio before his testimony)

5) Georgie boy WAS high on drugs, and a crook.

6) liberals like you are to desperate pieces of s***
0 x

Evil
Consigliere

Post by Evil » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:23 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:08 pm
thelionofthenorth wrote:
psk836 wrote:

About that:

Is being high a legitimate reason to be killed by a cop?
0 x
"Too bad that (Ashli Babbitt) wasn't your daughter, you little swine.

Your family dirties this country" - you know who

KC_
Caporegime

Post by KC_ » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:01 pm

Evil wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:23 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:08 pm
thelionofthenorth wrote:
psk836 wrote:

About that:

Is being high a legitimate reason to be killed by a cop?
It is a legitimate reason to restrain him. Do you think the cop was intending to kill him ?
0 x

Stephane Charbonnier