What was that magical time when America was great?

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
barrysoetoro
Consigliere

Re: What was that magical time when America was great?

Post by barrysoetoro » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:16 pm

Falstaff2 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:25 pm
DallasDimeBags wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:43 pm
Falstaff2 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:00 pm
So many people are so eager to return to that time but no one has a clue when it was.
The time I hear most people tell me when it was greatest was in the 30's-50's . But IMO America has always been great. Not perfect certainly but great.
https://www.thomhartmann.com/sites/defa ... 0rates.png

So taxing the wealthiest is a necessary component of a great America.
What is it now? Those who make more than $399,999.99 a year?

You're a f****** idiot
0 x

barrysoetoro
Consigliere

Post by barrysoetoro » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:17 pm

Falstaff2 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:59 pm
DallasDimeBags wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:33 pm
Falstaff2 wrote:
DallasDimeBags wrote:
Falstaff2 wrote:
So many people are so eager to return to that time but no one has a clue when it was.
The time I hear most people tell me when it was greatest was in the 30's-50's . But IMO America has always been great. Not perfect certainly but great.

Not what I said. But obviously people have to pay taxes to run the country.
But the GOP wants to bank roll federal government taxing the working class and middle class more than the wealthy and apparently that doesn't work.
Do you need a good slapping? Do you need someone to knock some sense into? Why don't you assholes come up with some new material.

Are you paying millions of dollars in taxes a year? No period so shut your goddam mouth
0 x

antifa
Associate

Post by antifa » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:21 am

We had a good run in the '50s and '60s. Plenty of jobs, civil rights, great music, cars. Mom and Pop shops ruled Main Street, family owned farms, kids could go trick or treating. Nixon and Lewis Powell ended the magical times but the nail in the coffin is when Ford pardoned Nixon. Politicians knew they were above the law. Lest we forget the opium trade war in Vietnam.
0 x

Falstaff2
Associate

Post by Falstaff2 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:36 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:17 pm
Falstaff2 wrote:
DallasDimeBags wrote:
Falstaff2 wrote:
DallasDimeBags wrote:
Falstaff2 wrote:

But the GOP wants to bank roll federal government taxing the working class and middle class more than the wealthy and apparently that doesn't work.
Do you need a good slapping? Do you need someone to knock some sense into? Why don't you assholes come up with some new material.

Are you paying millions of dollars in taxes a year? No period so shut your goddam mouth

And this Rush Limbaugh xxxx xxxx wants the US to consider the withholding taxes that their WALK ON WATER president paid were HIS taxes. NO FOOL. The president paid ZERO taxes for more than 10 years and only $750 each of two recent years. His excuse for paying little or no taxes is that he's A LOSER. Apparently he's a CONN MAN in every aspect of his life including POTUS and he's proud of it as long has he can keep the $$$ rolling in.
0 x

barrysoetoro
Consigliere

Post by barrysoetoro » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:53 pm

Fagstaff2 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:36 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:17 pm
Falstaff2 wrote:
DallasDimeBags wrote:
Falstaff2 wrote:
DallasDimeBags wrote:
Falstaff2 wrote:

And this Rush Limbaugh xxxx xxxx wants the US to consider the withholding taxes that their WALK ON WATER president paid were HIS taxes. NO FOOL. The president paid ZERO taxes for more than 10 years and only $750 each of two recent years. His excuse for paying little or no taxes is that he's A LOSER. Apparently he's a CONN MAN in every aspect of his life including POTUS and he's proud of it as long has he can keep the $$$ rolling in.
The president said he paid millions of dollars in taxes.

Not that it affects your life in any way.

go vote for that millionaire scumbag Joe biden, that's been in the office 47 years and accomplished dick.
0 x