Lock her up!

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Lock her up!

Post by evilconempire » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:07 am

Federal judge slams DeVos, Education Department for violating order on Corinthian loans

By MICHAEL STRATFORD

10/08/2019 12:36 PM EDT

A federal judge on Monday sharply criticized the Education Department for violating her order to stop collecting the student loans of tens of thousands of borrowers who attended Corinthian Colleges, the now-defunct for-profit education company.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Sallie Kim said in a hearing she was “extremely disturbed” and “really astounded” that the department and Secretary Betsy DeVos had sought to collect on the student loans in spite of her May 2018 order to stop doing so.

“Whether it's contempt or whether it's sanctions, I'm going to entertain them,” Kim said during the hearing, according to an audio recording provided by the court to POLITICO. She added: “I'm not sending anyone to jail yet, but it's good to know I have that ability.”

-------------

She works for her rich buddies not the students. She and her buddies are wealthy so a fine would mean nothing to her.
0 x
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore.”

Pete
Site Admin

Re: Lock her up!

Post by Pete » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:10 am

yes God forbid debtors should pay the debt they took on
0 x
"Discontent with money is just another trick of the rich to keep the poor without it" Michael Corleone in Godfather2

barrysoetoro

Post by barrysoetoro » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:13 am

evilconempire wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:07 am
Federal judge slams DeVos, Education Department for violating order on Corinthian loans

By MICHAEL STRATFORD

10/08/2019 12:36 PM EDT

A federal judge on Monday sharply criticized the Education Department for violating her order to stop collecting the student loans of tens of thousands of borrowers who attended Corinthian Colleges, the now-defunct for-profit education company.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Sallie Kim said in a hearing she was “extremely disturbed” and “really astounded” that the department and Secretary Betsy DeVos had sought to collect on the student loans in spite of her May 2018 order to stop doing so.

“Whether it's contempt or whether it's sanctions, I'm going to entertain them,” Kim said during the hearing, according to an audio recording provided by the court to POLITICO. She added: “I'm not sending anyone to jail yet, but it's good to know I have that ability.”

-------------

She works for her rich buddies not the students. She and her buddies are wealthy so a fine would mean nothing to her.
Just like all your Rich Democrat buddies.
0 x
No, we DON'T need to impeach Trump when you can't even post ONE letter of text from the "Mueller Report", you pathetic 0bama suck-up

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:17 am

Pete wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:10 am
so when a federal judge rules you were defrauded you think they should still have to pay despite the judge's order. Got it.
0 x
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore.”

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:18 am

"the Department demanded incorrect loan payment from 16,034 Of those students, 3,289 borrowers made one or more loan payments because of these demands, which they were not actually supposed to pay. The Department has harmed the credit of 847 non-defaulted borrowers. The Department subjected 1,808 borrowers to involuntary debt collection by garnishing their wages or taking their tax refunds or benefits."

After the judge's ruling, but Pete blames the students. SMH
0 x

Scooter
Serene Highness

Post by Scooter » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:34 am

0 x
After all the lies and trumped-up charges... *STILL* your President.

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:36 am

He's yawning at you, Pete. He can't see my posts as he has me on ignore and you didn't quote the OP in your response. :lo2l:
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:32 pm

Pete wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:10 am
Agreed. However, the bloodsuckers collecting past due school loans have a special place in hell. Many of these debts were at for-profit schools that scammed the students. Don't you think they deserve a break?
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:36 pm

Only if I get my tuition money back. Paid dat chit for many years
0 x
"Discontent with money is just another trick of the rich to keep the poor without it" Michael Corleone in Godfather2

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:53 pm

Pete wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:36 pm
Only if I get my tuition money back. Paid dat chit for many years
As did I. And I learned valuable, marketable skills. Too many of these schools are charging big bucks and providing worthless degrees. And let's be clear here, this order was about one specific school that was egregiously ripping off students.
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius