Michael Moore says he'll move to Canada if new film leads to trouble

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Michael Moore says he'll move to Canada if new film leads to trouble

Post by barrysoetoro » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:46 pm

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/mi ... -1.4100477

TORONTO -- If things go awry for Michael Moore following the release of his latest politically charged documentary, the progressive provocateur says he has a plan to escape potential persecution in the U.S.: He's moving to Canada.

It's a pronouncement so common among aggrieved American liberals that it borders on a political trope. But Moore says he's serious about his plot to vacate the U.S., and not only because of his long-standing affinity for Canada.

For Moore, the prospect of becoming a political refugee seems starkly plausible under the leadership of U.S. President Donald Trump, whom he portrays as a geopolitical threat in "Fahrenheit 11/9," set to hit theatres Friday.

"(Trump) absolutely hates democracy, and he believes in the autocrat, in the authoritarian", Moore said in a recent interview at the Toronto International Film Festival, where the film premiered earlier this month.

"I want us to survive this, but I can't make any guarantees that that's what's going to happen. We're in a bad place. We're on the precipice of some very awful stuff."

A spiritual sequel to Moore's box-office-busting 2004 documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11, "Fahrenheit 11/9" is part political autopsy, part call to action. It offers Moore's interpretation of the forces that led to Trump's election in 2016, and puts forward grim predictions about where his presidency might be headed.

In doing so, Moore revisits hits from his cinematic catalogue of American societal ills and diagnoses new ones, cycling through issues ranging from the February school shooting that killed 17 people in Parkland, Fla., to the water crisis in his hometown of Flint, Mich.

As Moore sees it, there's plenty of blame to go around for the current state of affairs. He argues that out-of-touch political leaders in both major U.S. parties, a sensationalist press corps, corrupt campaign-backers and elite entertainers -- including himself -- helped enable Trump's ascent, which he believes could lead to America's downfall.

GEE, YOU FAT POS. THE PRESIDENT DEREGULATED!!!!!
0 x
☪ "May God d*mn the Saudis and America.", brookboy123 (nobrain & dope are fine with this )

I am Z
Global Moderator

Re: Michael Moore says he'll move to Canada if new film leads to trouble

Post by I am Z » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:47 pm

i thought that fat fking p.o.f.s. already promised to move out of the country
0 x
if you don't follow the 7 principles of Kwanzaa, you're a racist!

“matunda ya kwanza”

I still like "Hakuna Matata

:flycarpet:

barrysoetoro

Post by barrysoetoro » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:49 pm

I wish that fat traitor pos liberal would get a heart attack and croak. Then he'd be living in a democracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... RQv9xMQ3E0
0 x
☪ "May God d*mn the Saudis and America.", brookboy123 (nobrain & dope are fine with this )

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:51 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:49 pm
I wish that fat traitor pos liberal would get a heart attack and croak. Then he'd be living in a democracy.
I'd be happy if he just moved out of america
0 x
if you don't follow the 7 principles of Kwanzaa, you're a racist!

“matunda ya kwanza”

I still like "Hakuna Matata

:flycarpet:

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:56 pm

I am Z wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:47 pm
Why do you care and what makes him a pos?
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

DallasDimeBags
Majesty

Post by DallasDimeBags » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:11 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:46 pm

TORONTO -- If things go awry for Michael Moore following the release of his latest politically charged documentary, the progressive provocateur says he has a plan to escape potential persecution in the U.S.: He's moving to Canada.

It's a pronouncement so common among aggrieved American liberals that it borders on a political trope. But Moore says he's serious about his plot to vacate the U.S., and not only because of his long-standing affinity for Canada.

For Moore, the prospect of becoming a political refugee seems starkly plausible under the leadership of U.S. President Donald Trump, whom he portrays as a geopolitical threat in "Fahrenheit 11/9," set to hit theatres Friday.

"(Trump) absolutely hates democracy, and he believes in the autocrat, in the authoritarian", Moore said in a recent interview at the Toronto International Film Festival, where the film premiered earlier this month.

"I want us to survive this, but I can't make any guarantees that that's what's going to happen. We're in a bad place. We're on the precipice of some very awful stuff."

A spiritual sequel to Moore's box-office-busting 2004 documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11, "Fahrenheit 11/9" is part political autopsy, part call to action. It offers Moore's interpretation of the forces that led to Trump's election in 2016, and puts forward grim predictions about where his presidency might be headed.

In doing so, Moore revisits hits from his cinematic catalogue of American societal ills and diagnoses new ones, cycling through issues ranging from the February school shooting that killed 17 people in Parkland, Fla., to the water crisis in his hometown of Flint, Mich.

As Moore sees it, there's plenty of blame to go around for the current state of affairs. He argues that out-of-touch political leaders in both major U.S. parties, a sensationalist press corps, corrupt campaign-backers and elite entertainers -- including himself -- helped enable Trump's ascent, which he believes could lead to America's downfall.

Given the fact that Moore gave 5 reasons why Trump would win the most recent presidential race I wonder why he did not already move.
0 x

donttreadonme
God-Like

Post by donttreadonme » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:

fat traitor posImage :guffaw:
0 x
‘And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth.’

barrysoetoro

Post by barrysoetoro » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:27 am

donttreadonme wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:

fat traitor posImage :guffaw:
ACTUAL PHOTO

Hope your medicare gets canceled.
0 x

barrysoetoro

Post by barrysoetoro » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:28 am

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:56 pm
I am Z wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:47 pm
Why do you care and what makes him a pos?
What a dick. Hope you drink some Flint Water that's contaminated.
0 x

barrysoetoro

Post by barrysoetoro » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:30 am

DallasDimeBags wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:11 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:46 pm

Given the fact that Moore gave 5 reasons why Trump would win the most recent presidential race I wonder why he did not already move.
He just needs more time, you know.

Why didn't he make a movie about obama? I still wonder.
0 x