European Companies Flee Iran After Trump Reimposes Sanctions

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
psk836
Serene Highness

European Companies Flee Iran After Trump Reimposes Sanctions

Post by psk836 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:17 pm

Funny, not much about this in the establishment media.

http://www.dw.com/en/iran-calls-eu-effo ... a-43864475

'"With the exit of the United States from the nuclear deal, the expectations of the Iranian public towards the European Union have increased ... and the EU's political support for the nuclear agreement is not sufficient," Zarif said in comments carried by state broadcaster IRIB.

"The cascade of decisions by EU companies to end their activities in Iran makes things much more complicated," he told reporters."

"French oil major Total has said it will abandon its $4.8 billion (€4.1 billion) Iranian investment project unless Washington grants it a waiver from sanctions.

Fellow French energy giant, Engie, has said it will halt engineering work in the country before November, when US sanctions are due to be reimposed."

"German newspaper Welt am Sonntag reported that Germany, France, Britain, Russia and China would be meeting in Vienna this week to discuss how to maintain the nuclear accord.

It said a potential deal would be largely the same as the 2015 deal, but with added stipulations on Iran's ballistic missile program and Tehran's support of armed groups in the Middle East.

But, according to Reuters news agency, unnamed EU sources denied they will discuss offering Iran financial aid in exchange for concessions."
1 x

stuporstitionist
Majesty

Re: European Companies Flee Iran After Trump Reimposes Sanctions

Post by stuporstitionist » Tue May 22, 2018 2:24 pm

So trump hurts our allies by breaking a deal that was working. Putin must laughing at us.
0 x
Remember: the Russians believed that the best way to damage America was help elect Donald Trump.

psk836
Serene Highness

Post by psk836 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:46 pm

stuporstitionist wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:24 pm
So trump hurts our allies by breaking a deal that was working. Putin must laughing at us.
I think he was laughing hardest when he delivered those S-300 anti-aircraft missiles immediately after Obama made his personal executive agreement that has been "working so well" - for Iran.
2 x

stuporstitionist
Majesty

Post by stuporstitionist » Tue May 22, 2018 2:50 pm

psk836 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:46 pm
stuporstitionist wrote:
I think he was laughing hardest when he delivered those S-300 anti-aircraft missiles immediately after Obama made his personal executive agreement that has been "working so well" - for Iran.
It was a nuke deal. Now they can build nukes immediately.
0 x
Remember: the Russians believed that the best way to damage America was help elect Donald Trump.

psk836
Serene Highness

Post by psk836 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:58 pm

stuporstitionist wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:50 pm
psk836 wrote:
stuporstitionist wrote:
Better go crawl back under your desk. I know how hysterical you can get when anybody threatens you.
2 x

stuporstitionist
Majesty

Post by stuporstitionist » Tue May 22, 2018 3:29 pm

psk836 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:58 pm
stuporstitionist wrote:
psk836 wrote:
stuporstitionist wrote:
Better go crawl back under your desk. I know how hysterical you can get when anybody threatens you.
The deal covered nuclear proliferation, not conventional weapons.

Oh, Putin is laughing harder now, since the NATO alliance is weaker than it has been in decades - thanks to Trump.
0 x

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Tue May 22, 2018 3:33 pm

psk836 wrote:
stuporstitionist wrote:
psk836 wrote:
stuporstitionist wrote:

perhaps he thinks that iran started acting responsibly after Obama delivered all that cash and ended the sanctions.

the reality is, iran is spreading terror and taking names. what on earth makes anyone think that they actually stopped their progress toward nuclear breakout?
1 x
O.J. Simpson hired for new Isotoner Glove commercial:

"These are the SECOND best fitting gloves I've ever worn!"

:flycarpet:

evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Post by evilconempire » Tue May 22, 2018 3:35 pm

I am Z wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:33 pm
psk836 wrote:
stuporstitionist wrote:
psk836 wrote:
stuporstitionist wrote:

perhaps he thinks that iran started acting responsibly after Obama delivered all that cash and ended the sanctions.

the reality is, iran is spreading terror and taking names. what on earth makes anyone think that they actually stopped their progress toward nuclear breakout?
The IAEA and Pompeo say they were abiding by the agreement. Perhaps you have information that you would like to share with them.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

stuporstitionist
Majesty

Post by stuporstitionist » Tue May 22, 2018 3:44 pm

I am Z wrote:
psk836 wrote:
stuporstitionist wrote:
psk836 wrote:
stuporstitionist wrote:

Point is, they didn't break the deal.
I am Z wrote:

what on earth makes anyone think that they actually stopped their progress toward nuclear breakout?
All the evidence you ignore - the inspections and monitoring. Please show us all your evidence that Iran didn't stop? Oh I forgot, you have none.
0 x

psk836
Serene Highness

Post by psk836 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:26 pm

Thank our lucky stars, Iran didn't "break the deal".

That gave them $150 billion, upgrades to the latest generation centrifuges, tours of US nuclear facilities, codified its reneging on previously mandatory nuclear warhead and missile development, self-reporting on its nuclear facilities and no surprise inspections by outside inspectors, limited access for outside inspectors, protection guarantees from the US and Europe, freedom to purchase modern anti-aircraft missile defense systems, removal of sanctions, access to foreign markets and access to international banking.

Obama really jammed it to 'em.
0 x